Richland County Health Department (RCHD) is an enrolled provider for the COVID-19 vaccine and will follow the North Dakota Department of Health recommendations and guidance related to distribution of the vaccine.
RCHD is working with community partners to strategically vaccinate our community in an ethical and efficient manner.
Currently, COVID-19 vaccine is being administered to priority groups in Phase 1A and 1B, which includes healthcare workers and long-term care residents. These priority groups have been identified by the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices and the North Dakota Department of Health.
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccination efforts in North Dakota, visit COVID-19 Vaccine Information.
For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine, including the benefits of getting a vaccine, visit Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding COVID-19 Vaccine as updated by North Dakota Department of Health: ND DOH COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ PDF
COVID-19 Vaccine Priority Groups
Phase 1B Priority Groups
Phase 1B includes older individuals, people with underlying health conditions, other congregate settings, child care workers, and employees of preschools and kindergarten through 12th grade.
Please note: the high-risk medical conditions noted in the below categories are available on the CDC website and are noted in bullet form under “Adults of any age with the following conditions are at increased risk of severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19.”
Phase 1B (in order of priority):
- Persons age 75 and older
- Persons age 65 – 74 with two or more high-risk medical conditions.
- Staff and persons living in other congregate settings (i.e., corrections, group homes, treatment centers, homeless shelters, etc.)
- Persons age 65 and older with one or more high-risk medical conditions.
- Persons age 65 and older with or without high-risk medical conditions.
- Persons with two or more high-risk medical conditions * regardless of age.
- Child care workers.
- Workers employed by preschools or Kindergarten through 12th grade: teachers, nutritional services, aides, bus drivers, principals, administrative staff, custodians, etc.